Sponsored in part by LookingGlass Cyber Solutions.
Register now to download CyberEdge’s ninth annual Cyberthreat Defense Report–a comprehensive review of the perceptions of 1,200 IT security professionals representing 17 countries and 19 industries. Key insights from this year’s report include:
- 85% of organizations suffered from a successful cyberattack last year
- A record 71% of organizations were compromised by ransomware last year
- A record 63% of ransomware victims paid ransoms last year, encouraging cybercriminals to increase their attacks
- Malware, account takeover attacks, and ransomware are the most-feared threats
- Among web and mobile attacks, personally identifiable information (PII) harvesting and account takeover (ATO) attacks are most prevalent and concerning
- 64% of organizations have embraced API security
- Lack of skilled personnel and low security awareness inhibit IT security’s success
- 84% of organizations are experiencing a shortfall of skilled IT security personnel; IT security administrators, analysts, and architects are in shortest supply
- The typical enterprise IT security budget increased by nearly 5% this year
- Nearly all respondents (99%) agreed that achieving a specialty cybersecurity certification would help their careers; the top choices were cloud security, software security, and security administration
- 41% of security applications and services are delivered via the cloud
- Security and networking are converging: three out of four organizations have implemented or will soon implement SD-WAN, zero trust network access (ZTNA), and secure access service edge (SASE) technologies
The Cyberthreat Defense Report provides the most geographically comprehensive view of IT security perceptions in our industry. Use the findings to benchmark your company’s security posture, operating budget, product investments, and best practices against peers in your industry and region. Download your complimentary copy now!